A quick love story for you. Man meets woman, falls madly in love, tries to impress her with chicken scallopini, he does so, she marries him and lives happily ever after with man and his chicken scallopini.
Here’s how my husband won me over and the latest on how he’s perfected the recipe.
Serves 2 (in love people)
• 2 large chicken breasts
• 2 TBL butter
• 1/8 C. Olive Oil
• 3 TBL Capers
• 4 cloves of minced fresh garlic
• 3/4 C. sliced mushrooms
• 2 TBL finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• Juice from half a lemon
• 1/2 C. dry white wine
• 1/2 C. chicken stock
1) Heat a sauté pan to med-hi/hi. While its heating pound chicken to a 1/4 inch thick. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste. Once pan is thoroughly heated, add olive oil and butter (this should cover the bottom of the pan).
2) Add the chicken breast. Sauté about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. (If it takes considerably longer, your pan or your oil/butter mixture isn’t hot enough or maybe both.) Once the chicken has been thoroughly cooked, move to a heated plate and cover with aluminum foil.
3) If everything has gone as planned, there should be some chicken remnants in the bottom of the pan along with some oil/butter mix left in there. Keep the pan hot and add the mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes and then add minced garlic and capers just before the chicken stock and white wine (I frickin’ LOVE capers!). Reduce the sauce by about half and if the sauce doesn’t thicken enough, add a pinch or two of flour and the parsley.
4) Plate your chicken with some garlic mashed potatoes and pour the sauce over both. ENJOY!
Related Cheap Posts